Friday, February 11, 2011

Announcements..

Hello lovelies!

The lovely and entrepreneurial Lise of 'Urban Style Vibes' is in the process of planning a 'Meet the Blogger' event in Amsterdam and this is one you don't want to miss!!

The event will be held at the 'Dutch Design Hotel Artemis' on the 25th June and is bound to be a success! Not only will you have the opportunity to (finally!) meet fellow blog friends, but you will do so in a stylish setting, whilst also being treated to a great programme of excitement & entertainment. To find out more, please click HERE.


 *******

My next announcement is a heart felt one and comes via my dear friend & artist Mariska Meijers (incidentally also in Holland). 


This amazing girl has out of her kindness, compassion and generosity donated five limited edition screen prints (signed) which proceeds will go to the 'Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal' to help rebuild the areas of Queensland that were hit by the horrendous floods. For those of us who witnessed the floods in real-life or live on television, there are no words to describe the loss and devastation.
If you are interested in buying one of Mariska's sought after limited edition prints and thereby helping those who have lost everything,  please contact Mariska via her blog - HERE.


*******

Now to yet another blog intro.. I think you'll love this one..!
Today's picture parade is channeled through from 'Love Nordic' - a wonderful blog that is written by an Icelandic girl who currently lives in England.


I simply love her take on design and style. I have spent hours browsing her stunning posts and breaking into mother tongue is sheer Nordic delight over her finds.. Here are some examples..


I love (..and am a little scared of..) these fabulous 'Raven hangers' by Icelandic designer I Ingibjörg Hanna Bjarnadottir. They are suspended from the ceiling on steel wires, and are an unexpected & fun addition to any room. Flapping my wings in excitement.. :)


Ingibjörg also designed this wonderful 'Not Rudolph' hanging rack. I think it is so much fun and would love to add them/it to my hallway any day! Actually it would look great in any room really, and I can't help but seeing it at Christmas time, with cute baubles hanging from it..


 More antler beauty, this time as a striking addition to the facade of a home in Sweden. I love black and white combos.. Will never tire of it!


Panton love.. They are so great and I love the simplicity of this particular room. It would be too stark and 'naked' for me to live in, however it is so pleasing to the eye and I feel as if I can breeeeathe in there. 


And this! I mean, could it be more fabulous?! Can you imagine stepping into a church and find it is decked with row after row of crucifix punched Pantone chairs..! The picture is apparently from the Czech Republic and the decor done by Jakub Berdych from Qubus Studio. Pure design heaven.. 


This room with that amazing over-sized chess board reminded me of my grand father. He was a chess champion (amongst other things..) and I have fond memories from my childhood with him trying to pass on his passion to me. He succeeded to a certain extent but I struggled finding someone to play with so the interest sadly ebbed out.. 
Am also so taken by the floorboards in this place. Nice and wide and silky soft. Just stunning!


Ever since watching 'The Party' with Peter Sellers (..birdie nam nam..!) when I was little, I have wanted to own at least one of Eero Aarnio's fantastic hanging 'Bubble chair'.. I have not sat in one for years and can't remember if I thought it was comfy or not.. Does anyone know?


Books, books, books.. Rows of magical reading. How I would love this room. I can see myself sitting there against the wall, reading.. A cup of coffee the floor next to me. Simple perfection..


Design classics teamed with simple rustic textures and fabulous sheep skins. Sleek, stunning and so very Scandinavian..!


Loving this office space.. Can you imagine sitting there..?!? For someone like me who adore being 'on top of things' (preferably a mountain), this would be the ultimate place to work. I'd be busting with creativity..!


This is simply adorable. Perhaps the two pillows is a bit over-kill, but I love (!) the sheep skin covering on this sofa/seat. Don't you think it's fabulous!?!


A beautiful kid's room with very few details yet so lovely. And just look a the floor and those grey doors. Wonderful!


Ok my dears, c'est tout pour aujourd'hui, but please please contact Mariska re those prints and give a helping hand to those in need (think of the children..!), and don't forget to contact Lise to secure your spot in Amsterdam's very first 'Meet the Blogger' event..!

Warm Swedish hugs to all of you!

xx Charlotta

22 comments:

Renée Finberg said...

gosh..
i really love the tippy top office too.
very cool.

Casa Très Chic said...

Thanks for introducing us to these amazing blogs and for your lovely comments on our blog.
Hugs from Brasil
Tereza

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh the Meet the Blogger sounds fun!

That discovered blog looks wonderful!

xoxo DJ

Stacey said...

Thanks for the intro to these amazing bloggers. I'm already familiar with Mariska's blog and what an amazing thing she's doing! I will definitely do my best to pop over and show my support. Meet the Blogger event is a wonderful idea too!

anita @ a dreamer's den said...

So so glad to see you blogging again!!
What I would give to be able to get to Amsterdam! It sounds like a fantastic meet-up.
xo

Julie@beingRUBY said...

some gorgeous lovelies here Charlotta
Mariska is so generous.. .what a sweet person... and all these images are fab but I like the love that first one by Love Nordic

I'm going to email you soon.. just things are crazy my way.. Have great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

Mariska Meijers said...

Thank you Charlotta for blogging my joint initiative with Ivy&Piper forward and I have pencilled in 25th of June for the meet the blogger event! Have a wonderful weekend xox

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Mariskas initiative with Ivy&Piper is simply wonderful. Thank you for bring it to my attention, Charlotta.

Have a lovely weekend with the Mr. and the little ones! xo

TamStyles said...

thanks for sharing...glad i came across this post.

LouBoo said...

Hi Charlotta - lovely images here and some great recommendations. I love those PH lamps - an absolute design classic, as you say. Sadly my ceilings are just too low for them... Lou x

Debby said...

Mariska is an amazing girl... love her! These interiors are so much fun... love the whimsy! Thanks for visiting Inspired Design. I am now following you. xo

designchic said...

Love Mariksa's blog...and her big heart. Stunning images and adore the clean and simple decor of Love Nordics blog. Have a wonderful weekend ~

Priscila Peters said...

Yes, that seat is fabulous.

ps: Thank you for your comment and you're in my blog list as well.

Style Attic said...

I assume you'll be going? Wouldn't that be an amazing trip. Why does it have to be half way around the world?? Maybe I'll go spend some time at the Patone church of chairs and you never know what could happen! I'd love that living room with the giant A+ happen for me as well :) I agree with black and white! So much of life is never black or white, so when we can enjoy the stark contrast for just what it is, it's a great aesthetic for sure! Love to you this weekend Charlotta XOXO, Kelly

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Hi Sweetie!
Lise is really doing a good job on the Blogg Event, sounds sooo exciting! Wish I could be there to meet some of you great blogfriends!
Your blog intros lately(so nice of you, who are you woman?)looks inviting in all ways and they truly deserve to be talked about. 'Nordic looks' is AMAZING, I love it and it almost feels like 'home'! Typically Nordic breases!!!
Agree on the black and white combos, it always rocks!
That Panton pic. is so fun, I have it saved in my maps of favourite ones. It´s clear now that Panton chairs really fits EVERYWHERE!
Hoping you´ll have a great weekend.
(Sorry for bombarding you with all of my e-mails:)...)
Hugs and lots of love all the way from Sweden!

SnOOp said...

Wow the blog event sounds fantastic and can't wait to check out Love Nordic. I know a couple who were killed in the Australian floods. It truly was a devastating natural disaster. However, people like your friend Mariska it makes the world a much happier place

Amanda xxx

Girl about Oslo said...

With this post I am proud to be from Norway:)

Have a great weekend:)
Greetings from Norway...

ApachesPrincess said...

The raven hangers are amazing! I love them, and how glamorous would the be to hang vintage dresses and slips on? Lovely!

Style Maniac said...

Those Pantone chairs in the chhurch--truly original!

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about lovenordic :)

Anonymous said...

You have remarked very interesting points ! ps decent site.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin