Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moomin Trolls


Tove Jansson's books about the 'Moomin Trolls'
have fascinated many people around the world.


I can't think of them without hearing
the wonderful Swedish-Finnish accent
of the film voice over on TV when I was little.
Such an amazingly charming accent!

The stories are well written and full of such morale
and wisdom that they have been used as templates
for mapping personalities in management recruiting.
(as have Christopher Robinson's characters)
E.g. Snusmumriken - wise, mysterious, quietly confident,
Lilla My - stubborn, explosive, anarchistic, cheeky,
Mumin mamman - calm, orderly, warm hearted etc.
I think I am a mixture between Lilla My and Mumin mamman,
(Completely dependant how many hours of sleep I have had...)

I read the books to my own children and love the memories they evoke.
What I also love is the illustrative style used...


x Charlotta

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin