Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter bliss

The snow keeps on pouring down here in Sweden!


Everyone is excited about the snow and went a bit crazy after
the initial snowfall - 'bit like this happy dog found via Tumblr.
I felt exactly like this! :)



Little by little we are decorating the house, however we are
leaving the tree till last as there is something magical about
hanging the ornaments in the last few days before Christmas.



Presents are bought and will be wrapped with great care and
a hearty dose of love in the next couple of days. In our family
we write rhymes on our tags and take our time in opening the
gifts on Christmas Eve (Swedish tradition) - it is so much fun!



Four days till my husband arrives from high-summer in Sydney
and land in an incredibly beautiful Swedish Winter wonderland.



The cultural / seasonal shock will be intense for sure and I am
bringing a great big sheepskin lined coat to the airport which
he can wrap himself in to endure the first encounter of Winter!


(love how this 'Living Etc' image includes drying socks..)

Five days till Santa arrives in Sweden, and the energy
is high and the air full of excitement in our house..



Can't wait to wake up on the morning of Christmas Eve!



xCharlotta

1 comment:

Splendid Willow said...

What a clever idea to hang ornaments from the chandelier! If I hurry can I pull that off myself?? Yikes! I am not even done with my xmas shopping! (Dangerous to visit your blog just a few days prior to Christmas!)

Cyber hug, Monika

http://www.splendidwillow.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin