Saturday, October 15, 2011

T is for Tea Towels..

Hello my dears! How are you all and how has your week been? All is just dandy here. Actually it is better than that and I feel as if I am on a total high at the moment. Happy through and through to be in my beloved Sweden in fact. I feel as if my soul is filling up on the energy of my birth country, and it is heaven to be back permanently after so many years abroad. :)


Today I want to share a wonderful online resource - 'All Tea Towels'. 
The store is run out of the UK and carries hundreds of tea towel designs in a variety of high quality finishes - 100% pure linen, pure cotton, and/or blended varieties too. For someone like I who loves tea towels it's like a well stocked 'lolly store', and to my delight I was given the opportunity to choose two designs for free in return for an honest review.

via All Tea Towels

Good quality tea towels aren't all that easy to come by (really!) and I like mine highly absorbent and durable whilst nice to look at. Kitchen aesthetics people - so important, don't you think!?
Having had the hardest time choosing from the extensive range (!!) over at 'All Tea Towels' I chose two from the 'Flowers & Nature' section (there are an impressing 26 sections in total!!).


 
Both designs are 100% Pure linen and I just love them! 
I followed the instructions and machine washed them several times in hot water to remove the starch and they came out beautiful. 
Though I love both my towels, I fell extra hard for the bright red 'Chrysanthemum' design and just placed an order for another five (making a total set of six) so that I can use them as napkins for when we celebrate 'Australian Christmas' in December. They are actually so big that they could easily be cut in half and still work as napkins, but I quite like the quirky look of over-sized table linen so I will use them in their original state.




I also bought a set of six super cute linen towels for a dear blog friend overseas. Actually, the kind owner of 'All Tea Towels' threw in an extra tea towel (making them a total of 7!) . So generous. Thank you again Al! x
I can't show you the design or my clever friend will know they are for her.. Again I pictured them being used as table linen but who knows, they may end up being used as picnic napkins, aprons, breakfast-tray liners, sewn together as cute pillows covers or something else..!? This girl is very creative and I can't wait to see what she comes up with once she receives them..  In the mean time, here are some other cute tea towel ideas..

Tea towels as cutlery storage

Tea towels as 'two-way-place mat'

Tea towels as gift wrapping

Tea towels as curtains

Tea towel as tray liner

Tea towels as napkins

Tea towels as bistro aprons

 Tea towels as pillows

 Tea towels as layered runners and also made into seat cushions

Tea towels as tote bags

Tea towel as art on the wall (of course you can frame them or stretch them over a canvas too!)

Ok my lovelies, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed this tea towel inspiration post and review, and that you hop over to 'All Tea Towels' and place your orders. They really are a brilliant online shop and remember that the festive season isn't all that far off and that tea towels are a cute hostess gift too..!


Warm hugs and happy weekend wishes from Sweden

xx Charlotta xx


P.S. Don't forget to check out the 'All Tea Towels' sale section


They have this really lovely 'Magnolia Flower' design that I think could look adorable as table linen on a Spring time table. I'm loving the colours and the fact that it's 100% pure linen!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I've bought tea towels from this company before too, the quality is really good.

Glad to hear you sounding so happy :)

Happy weekend :) X

A Perfect Gray said...

these are lovely, charlotta. I think my favorites are the birds - so colorful and the thistle design. these would look great in any kitchen! so glad you are enjoying your homeland - we couldn't be happier for you! love, donna

Karena said...

Charlotta these are just beautiful images and ideas for tea towels!!

I have been on the site and love it!

Now decisions, decisions!

Oh, I have a new Designer Pillows Giveaway I hope you will join!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Charlotta you should bottle that happiness and send some this way.. sounds like you are indeed at peace with the world...

I love tea towels for a myriad of uses.. such an easy way to introduce colour and pattern cheaply.. and these are lovely.. Love t-towel curtain.. sweet and fresh..

Have a beautiful weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

Anci said...

Nu ska jag köpa kökshanddukar i mängd :) Vad fina de är !! Tack för tipset.

Ha en skön helg !

Kram
Anci

Shaik said...

Great pictures! I am feeling so well to visit your beautiful blog, had a great time in your blog.


Sample Proposals

Meera @ firstsense said...

This is a fantastic find, dear Charlotta! I love their tea towels, I'm going to hop over there now and browse through all their gorgeous designs. I've been wanting more tea towels, so this is perfect!

Happy weekend!!

P.S. - There's a lovely giveaway on my blog you may want to check out :-)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh yes, I bought several tea towels from them. my fave is the one that reads 'a meal without wine...' but mostly for the quote. I adore one with flowers in fuchsia! hope you're having a beautiful weekend, darling! xo

It's me said...

Lovely tea towels !! but did you see our new tea towels in shop???..enjoy a happy weekend...love from me...xxx.

Tuuli - Lumo Lifestyle said...

Hi dear Charlotte!

How lovely they are!

Even though I work with textiles and sewing tea towels would match my sewing skills, I often pick up tea towels as souveniers where ever I go.

xxx across the Baltic Sea

Sassa said...

Du är fantastisk på att hitta alla underbara bilder ! Förstår inte hur du hittar allt? Kan vi inte ses i november någon gång ??? Var bor du nu? Du kan svara på mailen om du vill . Stor kram från Sassa

Kerry said...

Lovely to hear you sounding so happy Charlotta :) I've been known to frame a teatowel or two!

anita said...

I never knew how much I loved tea towels until I was introduced to 100% linen ones. I want to throw out ALL my kitchen towels and start from scratch. These are so nice!

ChampagneMaker said...

I love the breakfast in bed tea towel!! And here's a cute tea towel bottle wrap Martha's way:
http://www.marthastewart.com/272376/bottle-wrap

Gotta love Martha. Haven't said hi in awhile, but I'm still here soakin' it all in! Thanks for putting it all out there! totally devoted! xov

Fashion-isha said...

I love this post! Such great ideas for the simple tea towel! FAbulous!
xo
Sharon

Casa Très Chic said...

Hi, Charlotta!
Lovely ideas, so many ways to use tea towels, the pictures are gorgeous.
Love to come here and read your posts.
Wish you a great week.
Tereza

J.Covington said...

Love all the creative tea towel uses... and of so many are so beautiful! Thank you for the great post.

Alex

michele said...

I do love tea towels! And you have spotlighted gorgeous ones! Can't wait to check out the shop!

Michele

Malvini FF said...

love the tea towel pilows!

vxx

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage monogramed tea towels along with the "two-way-place-mat". We love the idea of using a place to place runner for dinner parties.
Great post as always! Hope you're doing well.
xo E + J

petals and vintage said...

Thanks for the TT inspiration. I have checked out their site and I just had to purchase a couple. In fact, more than a couple and I can't wait to get them. x

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this information. Read this information - By Adab World Class Bath Linen (Towels & Bath Robes) made of 100% Cotton. Read More Click here... Luxury 100% Cotton Towels

Blog Widget by LinkWithin