Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Patagonian heaven

Patagonia is a place I have always wanted to visit.
To me there is something so irresistible with this rugged
terrain with needle sharp mountains, glaciers and icy rivers.



This Patagonian loft carries a lot of the same features as the
surrounding landscape - the elongated vertical lines of the double
height ceilings and exposed wooden structure remind me of
the steep mountain massives, the pale green walls are a perfect
match with the icy glacial waters of the lakes & rivers, the crisp
white fabric of the sofas makes me think of the snow clad slopes,
peaks and glaciers, and the slate covered walls resemble the
exposed and weathered rock face of the South facing mountains.



The materials chosen are rustic and in harmony with the setting -
wood, rock, fur and rich earthy tones with texture and life.







Photographer : Daniela Mac Adden
Architect : Pablo Velasco Suárez
Interior designers : Willie Sanchez and Marcela Escalada


xCharlotta

3 comments:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Wow, this home and its surrounding landscape are incredible!!! It's amazing how well the interior complements the nature around it. So inspiring!

Charlotta Ward said...

Hi Erin - yes, isn't it amazing!
It is incredible how the designer has captured the landscape and translated it into a cozy yet stylish decor. I am so impressed!
Speaking of which I am more than impressed (read 'humbled') by your impressive list of blogs!! I struggle with my two.. :)

Thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog. I hope you'll continue to pop in - I love hearing back!

xCharlotta

... said...

Hi Charlotta, If you love patagonia you should also take a look at El Calefate: http://www.esplendorelcalafate.com/site/home/en/the_hotel

This is a verry lovely hotel!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin