Friday, February 26, 2010

White, light and soft..

Mixed goodness of lighter rooms..

Nice and simple does it every time! 
By stylist Lucyinda Moodie
I love poured concrete floors and the simple brightness
of this room would suit Sydney life perfectly.
By Mark Scott

 
Five beautifully paired pieces that create such a
nice statement. Less is more!! By Mark Scott.

This room grabbed me not so much for it's high design
impact, but for the liveability (word?) - you see I love
kitchens like this - a little rustic, warm and spacious. 
Via Fotobloo(g) blog

Though I am not a soap-bar-kinda-girl I do love the look 
(and smell) of a good soap bar like this.. 

Tulip dining nicely paired with fabulous rustic shutters..
By Lucyinda Moodie

 
If only my bathroom looked t his organized..

 
If in doubt. Just add flowers and a glam little mirror.. 

 
Love the black/white with the untreated wood.. The 40s chairs too!
Via Manahatta

 
Yes please to a bigger studio like this one..
Via House Beautiful

Would perhaps update the bed (too white and grown-up for me)
and window treatment, but love the general simplicity in this room.
Via Simply Seductive

Yes yes yes! Perhaps a tad too white but never the less, Yes please!
Via House and Home

I could spend an afternoon prepping food here.. Makes me think of summer.
By Peter Carlsson

 
Again, this feels very simple and fit for a warmer climate like Sydney.
By John Granen

 
Would be great for a country house where the family & friends could
gather on weekends and holidays. Aaah the dream to have everyone I
love in one and the same part of the world.. Via Veranda

 
That burst of red really adds a nice punch to the room. Via Living Etc.

I love this room - the mix of soft woods with edgier pieces - and of course
that amazing window.. Via the gorgeous 'Solid Frog' blog.
Like a Swedish summer cottage.. Memories.
Via Cabbage and Roses

Ok my dearies. Are just back from the doc's with Isabella and we
are on stand-by to go to the hospital as my little darling can't cope
without large doses of Ventolin for more than a couple of hours..
If I am not back here soon, you'll know why.

xCharlotta

4 comments:

katrina lauren said...

oh you always share the prettiest of pretty things! i adore the last photo...i am certain that i would have sweet dreams if i stopped to take a nap in that bed!
hope you are well....i just think you are so sweet!
xo.
k

Greet Lefèvre said...

Charlotta,
I so love this post! One of my favorites is the bathroom with that forgeous mirror and another one is the beautiful white bedroom in a sort of outbuilding! Beautiful!
Have a nice weekend!
xx
Greet

Jen said...

Such great calming, serene rooms. Their color palattes are right up my alley! Great post girl!

Charlotta Ward said...

Thanks girls!
Katrina - you are the sweetest thing! You always say such lovely things and put the biggest smile on my face. So needed these days - thank you! xx

Greet - yes, I love these rooms too. White never wears.

Slumber Designs (help, I can't find your name anywhere..) - thanks for nice comment.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

xx Charlotta

Blog Widget by LinkWithin