Monday, June 7, 2010

Tranquil home..

This 100 year old house located on a heath near a forest in the beautiful 
Netherlands has captured my heart with it's simple yet warm charm.

You can tell the love and attention that has gone into restoring the core structures
of this home - the neatness comes through strongly without making it feel formal.

I like the little 'stable door' of the main entrance and it reminds me of the holiday
house in the South of Sweden where I spent so many summers growing up.
Isn't this little pedestal tray with candles and flowers cute - I can smell the flowers
all the way to Sydney.. Lily-of-the-Valley are so wonderful and grow in large seas of
white in the Swedish forests. Again, this brings back lots of happy childhood memories.

Doesn't this look like a nice place to rest with a good book or magazine?! The large
tufted ottoman / upholstered coffee table is fantastic and can move in here any  day!

Simple and gorgeous. Perhaps a tad too 'safe' overall, but a wonderful restful base
for a home never the less. I could definitely move in here and be perfectly happy.

Very brave move to plant bamboo, by experience this timid looking plant has a very strong
will and can spread like wild fire if not kept at bay by a green but firm thumb! Also note the
cute little lanterns hanging from the parasol (that seems to be floating in mid-air.. ). Gorgeous.

Again, just clean, simple and uncomplicated elegance with ample focus on functionality
and practicality. Adore that little decorative feature sitting on the bench giggling.. :)

I have never been a fan of turning a bed head on a window like this. I simply don't think it is
good feng shui and I tend to sleep badly and feel unsettled in bedroom arranged like this. I do
however like the charcoal coloured beams, the little chandelier and the general simplicity of
the bedroom. I think it is always wise to keep bedrooms quite uncluttered and 'clear'.


 Cute room for this young boy and a newly completed nursery for the baby that's on its way..


All in all a lovely home with integrity and preppy casual elegance. A place to live & love.


x Charlotta

5 comments:

... said...

Wow, lovely home! It's good to see some Dutch inspiration popping up. Love that!

XO

Lise M.

Carole said...

I love that picture window at the front of the house. So unexpected.

manvi @ mochatini said...

i love every single corner of this gorgeous and chic home. i am totally loving that ottoman/coffee table. xo

Charlotta Ward said...

Hi girls!

Thanks for your comments.
Yes isn't this place just heaven. I love the soft colours and the clean lines. Soothing and full of fresh, clear energy. Could move in now!
x Charlotta

Anne said...

I adore this home and was smitten from just seeing the entry. The colors appeal to me, along with all the wood architectural features. I agree with you about the bed placement. If the windows were higher on the wall, it would not be so bad. It is heavenly indeed!
xoxo,
Anne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin