Friday, March 26, 2010

Martina Arfwidson - a different take..

It is always interesting to see how different people perceive things. In this particular case I am referring to Martina Arfwidson's Hudson Valley house.


I featured pictures of her stunning home from  Martha Stewart's archives a little while ago (HERE),  and am so surprised to see a completely different take by a team over at Swedish 'Sköna Hem'.











I think the Sköna Hem feature shows a more down-to-earth and somewhat rustic perspective of Martina's home, where as Martha Stewart's pictures show a more elegant version.

What do you think?

x Charlotta

2 comments:

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

I think you're right - styling and camera angles can make such a difference, no? It's a beautiful house - and the family is quite beautiful, too (on the Martha Stewart spread).

xo,
-maria

Charlotta Ward said...

Isn't it amazing how two camera people see things so differently?!

I only recognized bits at first - until I started reading..

I don't know which one I prefer, but I do think that Martha brings out the amazing antiques collection better.

Thanks for popping in. It is always so nice to hear from you Maria.

xxCharlotta

Blog Widget by LinkWithin